what, no new post yesterday? you’re probably not going to believe this but… we had another public holiday. what the heck is going on…
hila tagged me in her seven facts post. i kind of love these things and have never done one… so decided to play along.…
i’m guest blogging at a cup of jo this week while joanna is on holiday. my first post was a now & then on…
by as seen via
this picture of elvis from
this post about
this dress from
this illustration of by alex latimer
this picture of
this picture of jon hamm (sigh)
keira knightley’s skirt
and the look on (hehehe)
i realise that my entire blog is technically my own ‘things i like right now’ – but i am enjoying this series so much i needed to take part. every time someone sends me their list i think damn! i like that too! and then mentally rearrange and add to my own list. so here goes. things i like right now, by me … birthday edition. i am 27 today.
1. . i am ashamed to say that i had never read david sedaris before my recent trip, where i found his book in the flat we were staying in. i read it in one day because i am a shameless lying-in-bed-reading-until-four-in-the-morning-because-i-can’t-put-it-down kind of person. i managed to track down a copy of at the good old around the corner, and so had more awesome reading material for the plane. his books have sold over 7 millions copies, and i only discover him now? needless to say, the man is a genius. and his writing appeals exactly to my sense of humour.
2. . a while back i was all about paul, but now i’m giving the duo much love again. not that i have ever fallen out of love, mind you. i can watch harmonising to an enraptured crowd over and over, resulting in extreme jealousy of anyone who has ever seen them live.
3. beer. i am a late bloomer when it comes to alcohol preference. my student days were all ciders and vodka (shudder.) it took me years to get on the red wine train, and then one day i had a glass and just loved it. the same goes for beer, which is now my beverage of choice pretty much at all times.
4. by . oh man, i would give my…. simon and garfunkel collection for a giant print of this. jokes, it’s all digital anyway. fine! i’d give my ipod for one.
5. . shit! it’s almost summer. which means, no more boots. no more of the boots i have been living in for the past few months. worse still – the internet is quickly filling up with all new boots that the northerners will soon we running around in, keeping their toes warm. while my toes melt. oh well, maybe i can wear them in the evenings…. right?
6. . i have been wanting to cut my hair forever (right now it’s at the hair length, basically.) my friends are sick to death of me umming and aahing over whether to cut a fringe again (it’s just grown out!) this stylish lady’s hair has me practically convinced that i should lose the fringe and go shoulder length.
7. . i had to stop myself from buying a suitcase of blouses when i was in paris. (cheap, too! can you say h&m?) and i instantly regretted it as soon as i got home because i have a feeling i’m going to live in them this summer.
8. music mixes. i like making these way too much. i am constantly compiling and rearranging the stupid things, trying to make the perfect mix. but most of all, i am contemplating doing two a month – that’s how much i love sharing them and knowing that people are enjoying them. i hope the free music police don’t catch me, though.
9. . i haven’t dipped my legs into the flare / boot / wide leg revival yet, but i am excited to once i find the right pair. high waisted and hip hugging like karla’s would be amazing.
10. . i saw my dutch family when i was overseas and they gave me a tin of stroopwafels (proper ones, from gouda). nothing, and i mean nothing, excites me as much as a tin of stroopwafels. i’ve been rationing them much like a child would their easter eggs.
11. . picking up a camera and just shooting my entire holiday made me realise how much i love photography. i haven’t done anything creative (properly creative) in a long time …work doesn’t count. now all i can think about is reviving my old film cameras and getting into it again – for good.
12. my family. i suppose i don’t like my family – i love them. and not right now, but always. of course right now i really like them because i think they might give me cake today.
* i had to stop myself from putting mad men on this list. that would have been too obvious! but just so you know, mad men is on this list… it’s just invisible. omnipresent, if you will.
the has been out since mid-august, and i was determined to wait till september to actually post about this – but i am far too impatient for my own good….
, , and i were lucky enough to be featured in their spring issue for ‘the scoop on spring’. in case you read and were wondering what on earth i was talking about – here’s my post about atonement & morris and here is the . i also mentioned silk blouses, this is what i had in mind:
image from & equipment washed silk pocket shirt from
if you discovered my blog through the Elle, welcome! and thanks Elle mag, what an honour.
amber from mr price’s blog in the loop asked local bloggers (amongst which blog friends kim gray and lana kenney) to contribute the 3…
jakob alt – 1836 spending time in a studio, whether it’s in front of an easel by the window or just at a desk,…
parisienne is a the latest perfume by YSL, and they have enlisted some well known stylish people (joanna goddard amongst them) to blog for…